In houses with forced-air heating and cooling systems, ducts are used to distribute conditioned air throughout the house. In a typical house, however, about 20 percent of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks and poorly sealed connections. The result is higher utility bills and difficulty keeping the house comfortable, no matter how the thermostat is set.
How do you know that you may need duct sealing to improve your home performance?
- you have high summer and winter utility bills
- you have rooms that are difficult to heat and cool
- you have stuffy rooms that never seem to feel comfortable
- your ducts are located in an attic, crawlspace, or garage
- your find tangled or kinked flexible ducts in your system
can analyze and locate poorly sealed ducts and service your entire forced-air system for maximum performance and efficiency.